30+ Romantic Yoruba Names to Call Your Lover and Their Meanings

100+ Romantic Yoruba Names to Call Your Lover and Their Meanings

The Yoruba tribe is one of the popular tribes in Nigeria, it is unique to those who are indigenes of the southwestern part of the country. The states in the southwestern part are Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Ekiti, Lagos, and Ondo. 

The cultures of the Yoruba tribe teaches love and respect from a lady to a man and vice versa while growing up. In the early days, when a wife needs her husband to shower her with gifts, she praises him "oriki" to a point where he gets proud of himself and gives beyond his expectations.

The Yorubas have very sweet names when it comes to calling their lovers. The names below will give you a wide range of ideas on what to call your lover that best suits them, it also provides the meaning of these names.

Names and their Meanings

  1. Adun mi - my sweetness
  2. Ododo mi - my flower
  3. Onitemi - mine
  4. Oko mi - my husband 
  5. Iyawo mi - my wife
  6. Ayomi - my joy
  7. Ifedayomi - my love became my joy 
  8. Ife mi - my love
  9. Ayaba mi - means 'my queen' and it is used when you see your lady/woman as royalty.
  10. Oba mi - means 'my king' and it is used when you see your man as royalty.
  11. Ade mi - my crown
  12. Gbogbo nkan mi - my everything
  13. Ola mi - my wealth
  14. Olowo Iyebiye mi - my jewel
  15. Oyin - honey
  16. Onje mi - my food 
  17. Erin mi - my laughter
  18. Ko se e ropo - Irreplaceable
  19. Isura mi - my treasure
  20. Sokototi mi - my chocolate
  21. Amoke mi - my loving stroke
  22. Idunumi - my happiness
  23. Ayanfe mi - my chosen love
  24. Iyo aye mi - salt of my life
  25. Aye mi - my life
  26. Emi mi - my breathe
  27. Omije togbe mi - my tears dryer
  28. Ololufe mi - my sweetheart
  29. Sewa - beauty
  30. Aya - Wife.

Post a Comment

Please Select Embedded Mode To Show The Comment System.*

Previous Post Next Post